Zen Mondays are a weekly feature inspired by my Japanese language (日本語) and Japanese ink painting (水墨画) learning journey, published here on my site since 2017.
Each post features a recent brush pen drawing or painting, paired with one photograph from my travel records. Nothing else.
Some of the drawings shared on zen Mondays have been selected for the edition “One Moment, One Drawing”, first published in December 2018 (see more details of the edition here). You can find more of my daily art and background to zen Monday posts on instagram (follow here).
#zenmondays latest posts:
- Adventure can find you even on a familiar perch.
- Roaring thunder, a water drop rolls down the lotus blossom.
- When the texture of paper, water and stars casually overlap.
- The cliffs at noon, framed by the sound of swifts.
- Seeing the ocean as an endless source of fuel for the mind.
- The artist’s summer paradise – a desk in the shade, a pretty view, the sound of water.
- Stretching up to a view, in the shade of century-old trees.
© Mafalda Tenente, 2020. All rights reserved.