Zen Mondays are a weekly feature inspired by my Japanese language (日本語) and Japanese ink painting (水墨画) learning journey, published here on my site since 2017.
Each post features a recent brush pen drawing or painting accompanied by one Japanese word, paired with one photograph from my travel records. Nothing else.
Some of the drawings shared on zen Mondays have been selected for the edition “One Moment, One Drawing”, first published in December 2018 (see more details of the edition here). You can find more of my daily art and background to zen Monday posts on instagram (follow here).
#zenmondays latest posts:
- Stretch the boundaries of reality when it feels right.
- The white blossom reaching for the running water, flecks of gold.
- Picturing the sun at Oyama.
- The redstart that watched the maple leaves unfold.
- Every end is a new beginning. Flip through my first sketchbook of 2020
- Every age has its beauty.
- Even walls can become the colours that light your path.
© Mafalda Tenente, 2020. All rights reserved.