Zen Mondays are a weekly feature inspired by my Japanese language and Japanese ink painting (水墨画) learning journey, published here on my site since 2017.
Each post always features a recent brush pen drawing or ink painting, paired with one photograph from my travel records. Sometimes a poem. Nothing else.
Some of the drawings shared on zen Mondays have been selected for my editions “One Moment, One Drawing” (see more details of the edition here) and “The Tea House Diary”. You can find more of my daily art and background to zen Monday posts on instagram (follow here).
#zenmondays latest posts:
- Under fresh leaves, the heron waiting for the water to clear.
- Through the last irises and the first lotus leaf, a floating island of color.
- Zen Mondays are going “plein air” this early summer.
- Turn a page over in the morning light.
- Black ink line holds as much depth as the single leaf.
- Hiding in plain sight or standing tall in the crowd, which blossom are you?
- Taking in the evening glow, at the unexpected turn by the water path.
© Mafalda Tenente, 2017-22. All rights reserved.