Zen Mondays are a weekly feature inspired by my Japanese language (日本語) and Japanese ink painting (墨絵) learning journey, published here on my site since 2017.
Each post features a recent brush pen drawing or painting accompanied by one Japanese word, paired with one photograph from my travel records. Nothing else.
Some of the drawings shared on zen Mondays have been selected for the edition “One Moment, One Drawing”, first published in December 2018 (see more details of the edition here). You can find more of my daily art and background to zen Monday posts on instagram (follow here).
#zenmondays latest posts:
- Admire the silent, smooth movement of a gliding water bird.
- Feel the joy of this year’s first bright color sighting.
- Reciprocate when pedestrian curiosity reaches out to greet you.
- Marvel at the vast scale of the worlds below your feet.
- In the rush to move forward we can fail to notice just how much we take for granted. A glimpse of green in late winter.
- Trace your own path by giving shape to uncommon sightings.
- Take a rest while your energy is high and the path is clear. Enjoy the pleasure of anticipating the road left to travel.