Zen Mondays are a weekly blog feature inspired by my Japanese ink painting (水墨画) learning journey, published here on my site since 2017.
Each post always features a recent brush pen drawing or ink painting, paired with one photograph from my travel records. Sometimes a poem. After a longish break its scope now also includes insights into my creative process.
Some of the images shared on zen Mondays have been selected for my editions “One Moment, One Drawing” (see more details of the edition here) and “The Tea House Diary”. You can find more of my daily art and background to zen Monday posts on instagram (follow here).
#zenmondays latest posts:
- Closing the circle on the season of fresh leaves – “The spring fifer”.
- Keeping the link between ink, nature and poetry alive.
- Paint the lotus season. Rinse. Repeat.
- A rainy day, at level with the treecreeper behind brushed green clouds.
- All I did was sit at my desk and pick up a brush pen.
- Paling camellia, wind-brushed magnolia, with a mallard for companion.
- All that lies in a single cherry tree branch.
© Mafalda Tenente, 2017-23. All rights reserved.