Zen Mondays are a weekly feature inspired by my Japanese language and Japanese ink painting (水墨画) learning journey, published here on my site since 2017.
Each post always features a recent brush pen drawing or ink painting, paired with one photograph from my travel records. Sometimes a poem. Nothing else.
Some of the drawings shared on zen Mondays have been selected for the edition “One Moment, One Drawing” (see more details of the edition here). You can find more of my daily art and background to zen Monday posts on instagram (follow here).
#zenmondays latest posts:
- Kanazawa-inspired paintings on display in Tokyo from January 27
- Looking for the first signs of spring in thawing ice. A sketchbook tribute to Hiroshige.
- Returning home, to birds and flowers. A sketchbook tribute to Hiroshige.
- Eyes trained on a goal, the soft-stepped, striped neighbor.
- The sound of low-rolling waves carrying the weight of a ruby red crown. Thank you for following another year of zen Mondays.
- By the water, a moving glow with every glance.
- Capturing the warmth of an autumn harvest.
© Mafalda Tenente, 2017-21. All rights reserved.